Saturday, February 8, 2014

Week 6 of the SEC's weekly notes..

Ohio SEC Notes & Stuff - Week 6 - 2014
For public distribution. Please forward as appropriate.
These notes will also be available on the ARES page at www.arrl-ohio.org

Ohio HF Emergency Preparedness Net. Tues at 7PM on 3850 kHz (+/-)
Ohio Digital Emergency Net (OHDEN) Tues at 8PM. 3585 kHz and 7072 kHz USB.
Ross T. Stillisano KB8JTZ Memorial Award Winner: David Rickon NF8O, of Medina, OH
Greetings and salutations from the Northeast corner of the Buckeye State where it's 10 degrees and sunny. I have been preparing this email all week but saved it so I can send it out on my birthday.

We're roughly one week away from the Mansfield Hamfest which is on Sunday, February 16th at the Richland County Fairgrounds. Doors open at 7AM! There will be an ARES Forum at 9AM on Sunday, February 16th. The forum is for all past, present, and future ARES volunteers. The ARRL Forum is at 10AM and the OSSBN Forum is at 11AM.

Just a reminder, the Ohio ARES leadership meeting will be held on Saturday, March 15th at the State of Ohio Emergency Operations Center. Meeting starts at 10AM and will conclude at 3PM. This meeting is for all those who hold ARES appointments including Assistant Emergency Coordinators and Official Emergency Stations. There's quite a bit on the agenda so please ensure your county and district is represented at this annual meeting.
WINTER FIELD DAY WRAP-UP!!!
Braving the bitter cold, Jackie N8JMW, Bill K8SGX, David KD8TWG, and I participated in Winter Field Day 2014! Despite the cold temps and wind gusts, David and I put up the G5RV antenna the best we could and BOOM!! We were on the air. I won't forget David's excitement when he said something like, "Oh cool! There's sound coming out of the radio speaker!" Priceless. I had a great time with my friends. I wouldn't trade the experience for the world.

That's all for this week. I thank you for everything you do for amateur radio.

73 de Matt W8DEC